Transitioning From Relaxed to Natural Hair

Transitioning from Relaxed to Natural Hair.


Hello!
Thanks for stopping by, I will be talking about transitioning from relaxed to natural hair today.
The transition stage which I also called the 'the anxious stage' was a crucial stage for me because I was eager to see my relaxed hair off. At the same time a part of me wanted the relaxed hair though it was a very tiny part I would say. I made sure I moisturised my hair daily with water and Shea butter and the results I got from the Shea butter made me 'fall in love' with it. My transitioning lasted for just 3 months because I preferred walking around with my TWA (teeny weene afro) than to change my mind which I wasn't going to do.lol! The reason why I used water and Shea butter was because after I realised that most of the hair creams, shampoos and conditioners I used contained toxic chemicals, I binned everything. This is not because I was going natural NO but because my health mattered to me. A great deal! The Shea butter made my new growth so soft and manageable. 
Natural hair always needs water to be moisturised and also to avoid dryness.  I had so many styles done especially braid out and twist outs.
It depends on when you want to do the BC (big chop) because not everyone wants to carry a TWA also this is the right time to find good products for your hair. You can also visit salons to do your hair but I believe the fulfilment you will get from doing your own hair is immeasurable.
The next thing is please treat both hairs the same; avoid straightening the natural hair to fit the relaxed hair. Since natural hair is stronger, it's ideal not to use too much heat so it maintains its elasticity.
Love your hair because it's your real hair.
Enjoy your natural journey.
Please comment and ask any questions you have.
Thanks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment