Moisturizing Black Hair 102

I talked about the use of oils and water to moisturize the hair in my previous post. Today I am going to talk about the procedure to moisturize and treat damaged hair. This doesn�t apply to only natural hair but to relaxed hairs as well.  Coconut Oil which is my staple oil is a natural oil which prevents split ends and helps to soften dry and brittle hair. It is not only good for the hair but for the skin as well. In fact that is what I use for my children�s skin. I tend to mix Coconut Oil with Shea butter for myself and it�s more than great. What I love about going natural is that I use products that are not harmful to use, so I can use my Shea butter and Coconut Oil and not bother washing my hands afterwards because it�s edible. WOW! If you are going in for Coconut Oil, the extra virgin one is ideal because though its cold processed, it hasn�t gone through so many processes to take more nutrients out. The beauty of it all is that you can pop into the kitchen and moisturize your hair. I Love this!
Procedure for Treating Damaged Hair:
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil (Optional), Honey and any other Carrier Oil or Essential Oil you have.
 2 tbs of Coconut Oil
2 tbs of Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Jojoba Oil
1 teaspoon of Castor Oil (This is a sealant)
Honey which  is a humectant helps retain moisture in the hair
Add drops of Essential Oils
Method:
Mix all the oils and honey together in a bottle and shake
Put the bottle of oil in hot water to warm the oil
Apply from scalp to ends of hair and massage the scalp to enable the oil to penetrate into the hair follicle.
Cover hair with hot damped towel or a shopping bag.
Leave it for how many minutes or hours you want
Conditioner-wash (co-wash) hair and put in your desired leave-in conditioner
Style as usual.
Enjoy your hair!!
Please comment and ask any questions you have.
You can also follow and subscribe to this blog. Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment