Pre-Pooing the Hair

Welcome to my blog once again, thanks for stopping by to read

I would like to take this opportunity to say that these tips can be used on relaxed hairs as well, just that when used on natural hair, there is a great result because there is no chemical going into the hair.

Today I will be talking about doing a pre-poo.

The term pre-poo means before shampoo so in other words pre- shampoo. The idea of doing a pre-poo is to prepare the hair for any harsh shampoos that will be put on the hair, the most common products used are natural and ayurevidic oils though some will prefer adding conditioners to their oils. It depends on the individual.

The products I use for my pre-poo are:
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Jojoba Oil
Water if the hasn't been moisturized that day.

Procedure:

 I Damp my hair with some water

 Then apply the mixture of oils and massage into my scalp

The idea of massaging is that it helps to increase blood circulation to the hair follicles, it decreases stress and strengthens the hair roots thereby promoting hair growth.

After massaging, i tie my head with a plastic bag ( shopping bag) and leave it overnight. If you can't sleep with it, you can leave it on the hair for how long you want it during the day.

I wash it as with a shampoo and conditioner but normally just a conditioner does it all for me.

I put in my leave-in conditioner and do my twists or flat braids.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Please ask any questions you have and follow this blog to read more.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment