My Natural Hair Regimen: Co-washing my Curls

Hi everyone, nice to have a chat with you once again.
Today I will be talking about the first part of my hair regimen which I know some find it a bit difficult to start a hair regimen. When I started transitioning, this was very difficult for me.
Well, my first regimen is conditioner wash (co-wash). I co-wash at least once a week and it�s usually after I do my weekly treatments.
How I Co-Wash:
The things I use are my Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle conditioner, wide tooth-comb (the ouchless type) and a small bowl. You have to know the conditioner that works for and checking ingredients on products is essential.
I start by wetting my hair with warm water in the shower and at the same time mix a little bit of the conditioner in the bowl with water. This process helps me to evenly cover my hair with the conditioner. I massage gently the conditioner to my hair and since my hair is short, I comb it through to seal the cuticles. I leave the conditioner in my hair for some minutes so the steam from the shower and the conditioner itself will work on my hair. After giving myself a good scrub, I rinse my hair very well with warm water and seal the cuticles again with cold water. I leave my hair wet because I believe my Shea butter works well in my hair when it�s wet.       
So after applying my Shea butter, I apply my leave-in conditioner before coming out of the shower.
Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate you.
Please comment and follow this blog to read more!
Love your curls!                                               

0 comments:

Post a Comment