My Natural Hair Regimen: Ayurvedic Treatment

Hi everyone,

My work out is really going well and what I have realised is I have become a bit light because I don't eat too much.
Well guys, today I want to talk about one part of my hair regimen which is my ayurvedic treatment. The herbs I use for this treatment are the Amla powder, Brahmi powder, Shikakai powder, Maka powder and the Aritha soap nuts which is the cleanser.

How it's done
First of all, I pre-poo my hair overnight but some naturalistas prefer to pre-poo some hours before using the powders. For pre-pooing check my post on pre-poo.
Note: It's important to pre-poo because the powders are natural and strong.
So early in the morning I mix my powders which are as below;

How to mix the powders
2 tbs of the Amla powder
1 tbs of Brahmi powder
1 teaspoon of Maka (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of Aritha soap (natural shampoo)
1/2 teaspoon of Shikakai powder (optional because it's a bit drying)

So after leaving it to soak for about an 15mins with olive oil, I take off the plastic bag on my head and massage the paste in my hair. This stays in my hair covered with a plastic bag again for about 45mins.
I then rinse it out of my hair and conditioner wash (co-wash) my hair with my Aubrey Organics conditioner.
I style by twisting or flat twisting.
The next morning which is usually a sunday, I take out the twists to achieve my twist-out.

Thanks for reading, please follow this blog to read more.

Love your hair!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment